Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Olympic Swim Team Championships By Bute1

The championships are held once a year at Plain Township, Highland Pool or Gahanna. This year it was at Gahanna. Our team, Olympic, had our big tent pitched in the very worst spot. It had rained all the last night and our tent was right on top of a huge puddle. Inside the tent, everyone puts down blankets backpacks. There is a heat sheet posted on bulletin board and all the names of Olympic Swimmers are highlighted. This is the schedule

Monday Morning. IM Backstroke*
Monday Evening. IM and Backstroke finals. Medley Relay
Tuesday Morning. Fly.* Breast.* Free
Tuesday Evening. Fly, Breast, Free finals. Free Relay

*=events that I swam in.

In my backstroke, I placed twenty-third. In my fly, I did a scissor kick and


was DQed. In my breaststroke I got nineteenth place, almost a back-up. But, I dropped three seconds off my time.

Location:Gahanna Sea Lions

No comments:

Post a Comment