Of course, I hadn't stopped to think that an acting class would probably culminate in a play! And if that acting class ends in the middle of December I would find myself trying to rehearse lines and put together costumes while baking and wrapping Chirstmas presents.
On the whole though the class was a very fun thing. The production was the Wizard of Oz. Bute 1 played Oz, Bute 2 the Tinman, Bute 3 the Cowardly Lion and Bute 4 the Scarecrow. I must say that it was very nice to have Bute3 and 4 participate in an activity where they really shined, rather than where they lag behind many of their peers, as it is with sports. I was very proud of my little actors. They all had their lines down cold and, what is better they were AUDIBLE on the performance day, which is more than can be said for some of the rest of the cast. Even then only Bute 1 was REALLY easy to hear: "I am OZ THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE!!" I am not sure that EVER in my life have I encouraged the twins to speak more loudly. Usually I am trying to quiet them down!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment