Well it did happen. My twins turned 10 this month. All birthdays are special, but theirs especially so because it reminds me of how much of a miracle their lives are. Remembering the TTTS, all the ultrasounds, those months in the NICU. It is good to be reminding of how much I have to be grateful for.
I rarely do much scrapbooking these days, but I do try to make one page for each of my kids on their birthdays to remember the milestones of that year. This year I did my journaling for those scrapbooks on the computers, so I could post them to my blog.
Bute4
Overcoming fears was a big theme for you this year. From swim practice in the diving pool, to the Giant Swing at Camp Wilson, to the thunderstorms at John Beltz the night of your Outdoorsman Campout I have watched you struggle with and overcome your fears time and time again this year. You are carving the kind of character that every parent wants
for their children, able to face obstacles and tackle them head on.. Your courage showed in the City League Wrestling Tournament where your two victories, including a pin, helped bring home the first place trophy for
Bute3
This was a huge year for both of you in sports. Although we decided not to keep
going with soccer you both had a great experience in baseball. You had a
wonderful, encouraging coach who really worked with you on hitting the ball. By
the end of the season you were consistently connecting. It was amazing that you
were able to do that, since we later realized that without your glasses you
were only seeing with one eye!
You also persevered with wrestling. During the entire COBYWA season you did not
have a single win. And yet week after week you went back and tried again.
Finally at the Columbus Parks and Rec tournament in March you brought home a
win, contributing to the overall win for the rec center. What a testimony to
your perseverance and courage.
Both
Talking games: you both still spend many hours playing what you
call "talking games" For some reason pacing back and forth is an
important part of the talking game and your absolute favorite place to pace
back and forth is the woodpile behind the garage.
No comments:
Post a Comment