Friday, April 3, 2009

Hike with the twins


For a Cub Scout achievement Butes3 and 4 were required to take a nature walk. It turned out we had a wonderful warm spring evening at the very end of March and we hiked the creek and ravine hear our house. Since Jeff graciously took the youngest Butes with him to his Cub Scout function we had the rare opportunity for me to give the twins my undivided attention. We had a wonderful hike, my only regret being that I did not bring my camera. I have included a picture of the "treasures" they collected during their hike included as well their recollections of the highlights.
Bute3 says "We crossed the stream on rocks and some were wet and some were dry. Then we saw a DOG just jump in and swim across. But we couldn't do that, because it was still too cold"
Bute4 says "I liked being in the forest, since I knew we wouldn't get lost, since we could see the creek. I wished I could cross the big pipe, but it was too dangerous"

No comments:

Post a Comment