Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Corps of discovery

From my window I can see the Columbia River sliding by on it's way down the spectacular gorge lined by orange rock formations and coniferous trees. We arrived safely in Portland yesterday afternoon. We had time to see Multnomah Falls before catching dinner and collapsing into real beds for the first time since Chicago. I think three days on the train was about our limit. Bute6 was literally climbing the walls towards the end there!



We hiked halfway up the Multnomah Falls trail. As I watched the kids needlessly careening up the narrow slippery path I decided it will be a while before we the them to the Grand Canyon!

I had not anticipated how much fun the GPS in my Ipad would be on the train. Every morning we would wake up and look to see what state we were in, what natural features we were passing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Cascade Locks, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment