Friday, June 18, 2010

Just having fun




Some of my best memories with my kids are times when we travel with Jeff for his work. Those are the times when we can just go have fun and there is no house to clean, no groceries to shop for, no other pressures on me. One memorable trip to KY years ago when Bute5 was a baby we spent a whole cold, rainy day at an indoor playground. After we had been there all morning I said to the boys, "OK we need to leave soon", to which they replied "why?". After I thought it over I realized there was really no reason not to stay. Jeff would be working until dinner time, so we just stayed and stayed. Every couple of hours I fed the baby and played with him for a little while before he fell back asleep in his car seat. I read three books, the older kids had a blast and we still talk about that day!

Well today Jeff had some meetings in suburban Chicago and the kids and I located this wonderful Spray Park nearby. It was so neat just to play with them and not feel any time pressure since we really had no where elsevto go until Jeff was done.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Buffalo Grove, Il

No comments:

Post a Comment