Sunday, November 6, 2011

Green Bar




Jeff spent two unseasonably cold October weekends at Boy Scout camp with just a bunch of other middle aged men (and some women) earning his Green Bar training, in order to be a Scoutmaster.




Highlights seems to had involved using axes and knives, building fires, cooking goats meat, and learning the ins and outs of the philosophical under pinnings of Boys Scouts of America.

An interesting after effect is that he forgot to pack a razor for the first of his two weekends. This led to a decision to grow a beard. I am actually much more a fan of it than I expected.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Camp Falling Rock

2 comments:

The Hollemans said...

Oh my goodness- Jeff will make the most wonderful Boy Scout Leader! I wish we lived closer so my kids could be in his troop :) And, ya, the beard looks good on him!

Jeff Buterbaugh said...

Like.

Post a Comment