

Baseball season is upon us! We have two baseball teams and a tee ball team represented here at ButeCamp -- which means six games a week!! Sometimes I feel like we live out of water bottles and coolers all summer as we are always packing a picnic dinner for the next baseball game.
Here, in his own words, is Bute1's performance from last night:
In the first inning I was the lead off batter and on four pitches I walked. I then stole second and then when Christopher struck out I stole third and then Quinn hit me home. The next inning was the same except instead of a walk I got a single. Then in the third, I got another single and stole second but I was unable to steal third because it was occupied by Grant. After that for batting I just got singles with loaded bases.
In the Fourth I played short and on the first play of the half inning , the batter hit into Right Field and I covered second. Gage threw the ball to me and I tagged the runner out. Then sombody slow tried to steal second, Sam (the catcher) threw to me. The throw was a little short and I had plenty of time so I thought I would let it bounce once. My guess that it would come right to me was wrong. It bounced past me but fortunately the runner stayed put. Then to end the inning when the bases were loaded the batter hit the ball right to me. I grabbed the ball and tagged second and the Umpire called him out. Although, I think he was actually safe. I pitched the Fifth and the first batter singled, then the next two batters walked. I struck the next batter out, the next hitter lined out to me and then there was a ground ball to Quinn at first and he stepped on the bag to end the game. The final score was Cubs: 21 Pirates: 1.
No comments:
Post a Comment