
Well, fortunately our pace has finally slowed down a bit on this trip. We dragged into Natchez, MS yesterday evening, feeling as hungry and tired as if we had floated down the Mississippi River on a flatboat. We found a hearty boatman's dinner (served on tin miners plates). We had time this morning to tour an antebellum home in Natchez, MS before heading for New Orleans. Highlights of New Orleans included the fountain in Jackson Square, an introduction to crawfish and oysters and, for the littlest Buterbaugh -- having her very own sparkly Mardi Gras beads!!
The educator in me cannot resist making the boys keep a journal during our travels, and I thought I'd post some of their thoughts for you:
Bute 2: March 25, 2010
Tonight we are staying at my favorite kind of hotel: La Quinta. We are in New Orleans. I saw my second of 4 places which are on the Monopoly Here and Now board [an updated version of Monopoly with famous places from all over the country]. We have already seen the Grand Ole Opry and now we have seen the French Quarter. We went to an oyster bar for dinner and then swam after dinner. The pool was on a balcony on the 5th floor. The water was freezing and after I tried the water and raced Bute4 I got out!
Bute 3: Today I had crawfish. To eat them you break the tail and eat the meat out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment