


One of the things I love most about our homeschooling curriculum is that it is a multilevel curriculum so the whole family can focus on studying one topic at a time. At the end of a unit we have a Unit Celebration where the kids get a chance to show off all their hard work to Dad, Grandparents and interested Uncles. It is a highlight for us. Our most recent unit was about the last quarter of the 19th century, with a particular emphasis on immigration. We had a lot of fun exploring some of our ancestors and their countries of origin. Interestingly enough I can trace my ancestors back to the Mayflower on one side, but I am a first generation born American on the other side.
We culimated our celebration with an ethnic feast, including Chicken Paprikas (Hungarian), Scottish Scone with clotted creme and German Cucumber Salad
No comments:
Post a Comment