But she kept asking and finally this year, since we they were offered ballet at the rec center right down the street we thought we'd see how she did. She has loved every minute of it. She is very serious watching the teacher carefully and doing her best to replicate every move!
Before she was born I genuinely tried to convince myself I'd be OK with only boys, but in my heart of hearts I deeply yearned for a girl. Raised in the 70/ when it was cool to overthrow all gender stereotypes, I feel like I have come so much in my realize as an adult that men and women are NOT the same, and that it would be a real pity if they WERE. I feel like for a long time I never really embraced or appreciated the beauty of complimentary gender differences. In my heart I yearned for a daughter whom I could teach to appreciate how God made her and to not feel like she had to prove that she was "just as good as a boy".
I don't know if Bute6 will stick with the ballet or not, but for the moment I am reveling in her being pretty and girly and enjoying it!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment