sorry this is so hard to read. I could not get the blog press app to put in my hard returns...
Well we did not get organized enough to actually send out a New Years letter, but I do so much enjoy hearing from our far flung friends and family that I could not let the new year begin without at least a feeble attempt at an update. So here, is an attempt to encapsulate 2011 with a few Buterbaugh family statistics:
Number of nights my oldest two boys spent at Boy Scout campouts: 20
Number of weekends Jeff spent at Scout leadership training: 2
Amount of baby envy experienced when visited my adorable 6 month niece (on a scale of 1-10): 8
Average daily minutes in time out for my strong willed 6 year old: 30
Number of Buterkids now seeing an orthodontist: 2
Number of pairs of broken/lost glasses: 0 (thankfully, in light of #5)
Number of squirmy Cub Scouts Nancy tries to heard through every Monday night den meeting: 10
Number of Barbie dolls owned by Bute6: 1
Average number of weekly hours spend on the baseball diamond by Jeff in June and July: 10
Average temperature on the baseball diamond in Ohio in June and July: 95.7
Amount paid to library for lost books: $116
Number of calories consumed by Butes1-5 after wrestling practice: 3000
Average amount of time our strong willed 6 year old spends in time out daily: 25 min.
Average number of people at our house for brunch after church: 22
Fractions of those people who are teen or preteen boys: 1/3
Number of loaves of bread used for French toast at brunch: 4
Number of grade levels I am now homeschooling: 5
Number of times a day my children thank me for my efforts homeschooling them: 15 (ha ha! just checking to see if anyone was reading. You fellow homeschoolers surely recognized that as a piece of fiction!) In all seriousness, the homeschooling has its good days and its bad days, but I am so grateful to be able to do it. It is especially gratifying to see the older boys begin to really take ownership of their education
In addition 2011 saw several noteworthy firsts: Jeff had responsibility for recuiting, hiring and training a new member of his sales team, Jeff had his first international business trip to Darby, UK and Berlin, and we attended our first ballet recital for Bute6
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
1 comment:
This is awesome Nancy! For some reason, your posts do not show up on my "dashboard" so I keep missing them. What a fun way to sum up your year. I know that what you and Jeff do is hard work, but every time I read your updates, I feel even more convinced that I want to have a big family :)I love you all and hope that you have a fabulous 2012!! xoxo
Love, Mary
Post a Comment